I am reminded of the importance of Baptism once again, and since it’s only been three weeks since I was baptized, I also realize that with all the temptations in this world, one can stray from the path very easily. For some it can be a drink, others it could be sins of the flesh, but for most people, it’s in the little things, such as getting angry when someone cuts you off on the road, the waiter or waitress at a restaurant that’s having a hard night and not keeping your cup full. For most God fearing people, you might not realize what it is until you’ve really taken time with the Word.
3. Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4. Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5. Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
8. The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
– John 3:3-8