5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.”
I am reminded of the importance of Baptism once again, and since it’s only been three weeks since I was baptized, I also realize that with all the temptations in this world, one can stray from the path very easily. For some it can be a drink, others it could be sins of the flesh, but for most people, it’s in the little things, such as getting angry when someone cuts you off on the road, the waiter or waitress at a restaurant that’s having a hard night and not keeping your cup full. For most God fearing people, you might not realize what it is until you’ve really taken time with the Word.
3. Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4. Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
5. Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
8. The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
– John 3:3-8
For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
The Boss at work is NOT the one I need approval from. If God, the Most High, finds delight in my labors, he will reward justly.
He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, But he who is careless of his ways will die.
Proverbs 19:16 NKJV
I really didn’t want to stop working this evening, but I made the choice that God comes first.
16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.
– 1 Peter 4:16
Just got asked why we worship on Saturday.
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well;
– James 2:8
Sometimes it’s really hard to remember this Commandment, especially when all that’s being thrown at you is negativity from others around you.
Today, I am really going to observe this Commandment and see where it takes me! I believe that the good things you do come back to you…
[ read more…]